Monday, June 2, 2014

A Thank You card

I'm sharing a Thank You card today because they always seem to be depleted faster than I notice!

I'm playing along the CASE study challenge and it is the muse from Wida Miller:



I first wanted to use a big flower stamped image or die cut as the focal point like Wida did but oops, after searching for a while I realized that I have nothing similar to that.  The only one stamp that is borderline floral-related is my three fern stamp from Hero Arts:


Even though I wanted to use the pastel color scheme in Wida's card, I really didn't think that it would look nice with the ferns.  I kept the front panel at an angle like Wida did but I don't have a sewing machine so instead of the stitches I added some twine. 

Wida had some sequins scattered around her piece so I used some as well. I have yet jumped on the bandwagon to collect sequins of every single color but I colored my white ones with alcohol inks so they all have a tan that matches with the background.

Similar to Wida's card, I put a die cut at the bottom right corner.  I first tried it with brown cardstock but it made the whole card rather dull so I tone it up to use purple and it is much more brightened this way.

I am starting to enjoy the fun of CASE challenges.  It is really fun to dissect the muse's card into different elements and make my own spin to it.  As much as I like her card, I can't copy it but by tweaking things here and there my card looks totally different.  This is a learning process and a soul-searching process (ahem, I think more accurately craft-style searching process) for me as I tend to understand more about what elements appeal to me and what I should do if certain products are unavailable.  It does expand my comfort zone and enhance my creativity!  I do encourage you to play along!

I'm also linking my card to the following:
Robyn's Fetish - Anything Goes
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Hiding in my Craft Room - Anything Goes
Time 4 Scrap - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the organic look of this card, the pattern, the ferns and the colors look great together. Nice design! Thanks for joining us this week at Hiding in my Craft Room.

    Gracie
    HIMCR DT
    gracielliedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card, really like the foliage. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thanks for joining us over at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très joli. Merci d'avoir participé au challenge Time4Scrap. Aurane/DT-T4S

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish.

    ReplyDelete