Monday, June 23, 2014

Balloons

Are you watching World Cup?  I am!  I am a total soccer idiot but I just can't help watching the games this past weekend.  Interestingly even though I spent a lot of time sitting in front of the TV, I still got quite a few cards done.  How did that happen?

I'm playing along with CASE study challenge!  Let's look at this cute card by Pamelo Ho, our Muse:

What really caught my eyes was of course, the "flying dog".  I was really impressed by the stamping of the city skylines.  The depth created by second generation was absolutely flawless. 

How was I inspired to make my card?  Balloon, that made me break open (finally!) my Mama Elephant stamps:


I'll be honest.  When I first created the card, I wanted to have some grass on the bottom of the card to echo the skylines in the muse.  Where did the grass go?  Off to another card.  :)

I didn't realize that the balloon strings are pretty long so had I added the grass there would be too little room between the monkey and the ground.  The monkey and the umbrella was an afterthought, in fact.  I just thought the rabbit with the balloons falling onto the grass was too boring so I added a monkey to keep her company.  LOL. 

This final card has deviated a lot from the original version in my head, but I let it evolve along the way.  It turned out just fine. :)

I'm linking up my card to:
Sister Act card challenge - Anything Goes
Avenue 613 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love those images great, great glad you joined us over at case study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! Thanks for playing along with this week's CASE Study challenge!

    ReplyDelete