Monday, June 16, 2014

Mirror Image

Chirality.  What is that?
Oh.........back in those Chemistry days.  That basically means mirror image.

I've seen a lot of cards made with the concept of mirror image - left and right sides of the card look very much the same but they cannot super-impose on each other thus they are a mirror image of each other.  They sometimes have contrasting colors black and white to reinforce the mirror image concept.  Those cards are so cool.

I don't think I have ever made one of those but I am sharing a pseudo-mirror image card today:


I was inspired the the muse card at CASE Study:



When I first saw the muse by Pamela Ho, I knew I wanted to follow the sketch loosely by having a sentiment in the middle that divides the card.  My first attempt was actually using solid flowers but it was quite an epic fail.  Despite the fact that the masking tape is very thin, I couldn't get the solid flowers to stamp over it with a clean crisp line.  

I insisted that I wanted flowers so I dug up my stash and found this Penelope's Blossom stamp set by Lawn Fawn.  Doesn't the top image look very similar to the bottom one?  I basically used the stamp carrier sheet as my guide to reconstruct the image - one upright and one upside down.  I did want to use Kraft cardstock as Pamela did but I realized that I didn't have that many pigment inks for Kraft cardstock so I turned to a white panel.  I first tried to put it on a white card base but it seemed a bit boring to me, so I matted it on a fuscia card base, which looks much more bright and fun!

If you haven't played along already, check out the CASE Study challenge!  It's fun to dissect others' cards into elements and incorporate them into our cards!  Great learning process!

I'm linking up my card to the following:
Craft for the Craic - something summery or with flowers
Craftitude - Flowers or lace
Creatalicious - Happy Birthday
Reves 2 Scrap - Anything Goes
A Creative Romance - Anything Goes/Happy Birthday

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love it. Thanks for joining us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun and pretty Joyce! Your stamping is beautiful and so smart to use that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicous Challenges.
    Mieko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this clean look, thank you for joining us this month. Sylvie Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely project. Thank you for joining us over on CFTC.
    Marleen DT xx

    ReplyDelete