Friday, June 27, 2014

Thanks (again)

Apparently I am on an analogous colors kick.  Many cards I've made recently have an analogous color palette.  I first showed the purple-red-orange background here; then the blue-green one yesterday, and today I am sharing one with red, orange and yellow:


I repeatedly stamped the same Thank you stamp from the Lawn Fawn So Much to Say stamp set in three colors to create the background, then added an orange circle cut with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Party banners, then cut the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks die.  I added some shimmer to the die by a Zig Wink of Stella pen, then put a layer of glossy accent on top.  Love how the shimmer is "locked" beneath the gloss.

I rarely use the stamp for the entire background.  Thanks to the Muse at CASE Study I was inspired to do this:

When I first saw it, I knew I wanted to make a Thank You card.  Then, I was drawn by the repetition of the stamps so I picked that Thank You stamp for the entire background.  The bright orange circle caught my eye, of course, so I added one to my card too, and used black die cut "Thanks" to echo the card.

I'm linking my card to:
Scrappers Delight - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge - dies and punches
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS thank you card love the orange circle and the thanks font-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great sentiment, it really pops, fab contrast. Love the BG too. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM. Monika
    Just before I go, there is a blog hop on at STAMPlorations, would be great if you could join. http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/06/stamplorations-birthday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome Thanks card! I love the repeating sentiment. I must confess that even with my Stamp-A-Majig I don't have the patience to do that :o( It creates such a neat effect! Love these colors. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! love your colorful repeated background! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card nicely done. Thanks for joining us over at case study.

    ReplyDelete