Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Another Christmas card

Hi everyone!

I'm sharing a Christmas card again.  I've used some really really old paper, sticker and brad in my stash to make this card:


Now let's see the creation process of my card.  First, may I introduce the muse at CASE Study:

It's a card by Shari Carroll!  Yes, the amazing card maker Shari Carroll!!

So how did her card inspire me to make mine?  You see the little green "25" in the label on top of the circle?  What does 25 mean to you?  It means Christmas to me!  Ok ok I admit that I usually start longing for Christmas on boxing day so I could call everything "Christmas-y" even with the smallest hint.  But you see, the "25" is in green!  Isn't that color another Christmas element?

So I wanted to make a Christmas card.  I would love to use some stencils to create a background but I don't have a Christmas pattern one so I used the pattern paper with a collage of words just in plain old cream and green color, similar to the monochromatic scheme of Shari's background.  I also tried to follow her sketch by putting a half circle on the top left corner, but instead of ephemera I put a brad on it.  I love the cluster that Shari made but I am no expert in that department.  I tried to mimic but not nearly as good - I used two strips of pattern paper and put a big sticker on top of them.  That explains how Shari's card has led me make my own!

I'm also linking my card to the following:

Simply Create Too - Christmas in July
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Jingle Belles - Shop our Jingle Belles Stash
Crafty Boots - Christmas in July
Christmas stampin' all year long - favorite color combo

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Fab Christmas card Joyce, I love the traditional colours. Thank you for joining in with all of the Christmas fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! love your combination of all that text! Thanks for joining us this week for our CASE Study challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great holiday card...I LOVE that green panel!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Christmas card - love that background paper! Thank you for playing with us at SCT! Come back next time, too! Cornelia - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Muse card inspiration ... such a fun combination of elements ... so very glad you shopped your stash with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Isn't is great when you have a paper that can just stand alone on a card. Your paper definitely does that! I can definitely see the inspiration card in yours. Great job. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce: Thank you for entering our "Christmas in July" Challenge at Simply Create Too with your wonderful Christmas card--love the 'old' papers! Adore it. Looking forward to seeing your entries in our next challenge too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great take on the CASE study and a beautiful use of older stash in your lovely holiday card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)

    ReplyDelete