Monday, July 21, 2014

Birthday card

It's time for another CASE study challenge!  I always look forward to it as every time I play along I am learning something new.  It could be a new technique, a new style, a new color combo, or even something I knew sometime ago but keep forgetting. 

This is the stunning card from the Muse, Shari Carroll:


I like the white space on her card while there is quite a bit going on.  I like the clusters on the right, I like the stamped background and the arrow on the top left.

This is the card that I was inspired to make:


Creating a cluster is definitely one of my many weaknesses.  I tried.  I did really try.  After much deliberation, I decided to put a tag as a background or supporting piece, the two doilies and a bird on top with some foam tape.  I put two banners on the top left, similar to what Shari did.  Oops.  I totally forgot the stamped background.  How about some sequins?  I purposely left a lot of white space on the card as that really appeals to me.  I can't emphasize enough how fun it is to play along this challenge!

I'm also linking up my card to the following:
Crafting at the weekend - Anything Goes
Pumpkin Spice - Anything Goes
Addicted to CAS - Celebrate


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I love this joyce - very freestyle and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird on your card! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet, love the bird and doily!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce. Great mix of elements ... lots of fun colors and patterns. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful & your cluster of elements is perfectly done :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I like your colour scheme. Thank you for sharing at Crafting at the Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card Joyce. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATCAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete