Sunday, July 13, 2014

Merry Christmas

I'm apparently on a Christmas card kick!  It is a good time for me to catch up on Christmas card stash but alas, what happened last week?  I didn't get to craft at all! :(

This weekend was almost all about World Cup.  While watching the games, I managed to make a few cards which will be posted over the next few days.  This Christmas card is one of them:


I made it based on the card by Shari Carroll at CASE Study:


I love her overlay of circles and in fact, I've tried to create something similar with my Cricut.  Unfortunately, they just happened to be several epic failures.  Sometimes practice does not result in perfection.  That's okay, lesson learned.

So I turned to the overlays from the Artbooking cartridge.  It is not one of circles but it is much more pleasing to my eyes.  I've cut some of the connecting points so the diamonds are enlarged.  They are placed randomly so this overlay has got diamonds of various sizes.  The original overlay looks like this on this card.  Similar to what Shari did, I put various patterned paper beneath those diamonds.  Don't you love how scraps are used?  I have a poinsettia anchored by the sentiment banner, just like what Shari did with her flowers and sentiment.

Happy to see that my Christmas card stash is growing.  I can't let that holiday stress happen again!

I'm linking up m card to:
CASE Study - see above card
Christmas stampin' all year long - Anything Goes
Completely Christmas - Anything Goes
Jingle Belles - Stash (I'm embarrassed to say that that poinsettia brad is about 3 years old?  I have 4 more to use........)
Simply Create Too - Christmas in July
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card hun love it great job and thank you for sharing with us at Completely Christmas hugs judith DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Design…just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge..
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful and clever take on that gorgeous CASE study; not to mention an all-round cool and festive holiday card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great card for christmas ,))
    Hope to see you next week again at simply create too Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 20 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, I really like your take on the Case Study card.!!!
    You asked a question on my blog and it wouldn't let me reply to you, so thought I would post it here.
    You asked if I made the background design on my card with Silhouette Designer edition...yes I did. Off now to browse the rest of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your overlay is great. So different which makes it stand out. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really neat card! Thanks for joining us at CSAYL this week. Good Luck!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm absolutely in love with your card! Love how you made the background! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Christmas-themed interpretation! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one really cool design. I love how you took Shari's and gave it your own twist. The little spots of color and words are wonderful. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too's Christmas in July.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to remember this design! And I am sure you have just been saving your brads for the best time to use them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce: Thank you for entering our "Christmas in July" Challenge at Simply Create Too with your beautiful Christmas card. Also looking forward to seeing your entries in our new challenge which starts tomorrow [Friday].

    Blessings,

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun design! I so need a cricut!! All those different cutouts in your overlay really are the perfect places to show off different papers and such. Thanks for playing with CSAYL,

    ReplyDelete