Monday, October 22, 2012

Christmas Cheer!

This is the time of the year that I start making "bulk" Christmas cards and ask my girlfriends to join me before the crazy holiday season.  We want to have a couple designs that are easy to replicate and then make a couple of each.  This year, thanks to Close to My Heart's new Workshop on the Go Pear & Partridge Cardmaking Kit, things are much easier.

I have already made the cards in the kit, but still want to make a couple more.   I came across the great sketch presented by Sunday Stamps:


then I decided to use the theme at The Friday Mashup! to create the template of my Christmas card:


My card came together super quickly:



Thanks to the Cricut Artiste cartridge, cutting out many ornaments is as easy as hitting a button.  The Gold embossing took a bit extra effort, but is totally worth it.  Heat embossing always makes a card look better!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable I love how you used the Sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup and Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you've done a wonderful job with this sketch - I love you colours too and the decorations on the ornament. It's a simple but very classy looking card. Thanks for playing with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this clean & simple design - beautiful! Love the bold, classic colors. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete