Thursday, September 19, 2013

Coloring fun

Finally I am playing with this set called Count Your Blessings and having some fun with coloring.  I have always admired others who spent hours on coloring one image and that image is just a WOW.  It looks realistic, dimensional and the image definitely draws everyone's focus.  As a novice I stick to color pencils, watercolor pencils and some markers. 

I think it is acceptable for my first attempt with markers:


This is quite difficult as a big proportion of the image belongs to the orange family but alas I don't have that many shades of orange!  I blended with some brown, red and yellow to make do.  I think I have tried to stretch beyond my comfort zone to color things with some "unnatural" colors. 

One thing I am happy with, however, is the halo effect.  I heard that it is really popular for any colored image so I added that blue shadow to pretend that I'm quite a maestro in coloring.  The light blue does add some depth to it.  Even though I am not a master in coloring, I am a master in pretending to be one.  LOL.

The sketch of my card is based on the one provided by Tuesday Morning Sketches


My card is entering the following challenges:
Our Daily Bred Design - Fall colors
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Fall colors
Polly Craft Challenge - Harvest colors
Perfect Sentiments - Fall
Tammy Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Lovely fall card. The image is lovely, and such a nice use of our sketch. Thank you for joining this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful image, Joyce, and so beautifully colored! Great take on the sketch too! I love it! So glad you joined this week's ODBD challenge! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Joyce. You did a great job with the sketch.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Have a fantastic week!! Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a fab design :)

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week, good luck!

    Elaine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joyce, you made me giggle :) I too know just enough about colouring to pretend I know about colouring :P I think you've done an incredible job! Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches :) I'm going to feature your card on the TMS Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and classy card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck in the draw! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Joyce!! I love your colors and your take on the sketch as well as the autumn colors. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Beware... coloring is addicting!! I know - I'm still learning and having fun!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your elegant autumn card Joyce !! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely autumn card, Thanks for sharing with us at the Perfect Sentiment this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning autumnal card! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Pollycraft Challenge :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Fall card! Thanks for joining The Perfect Sentiment Challenge this week...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete