Wednesday, November 5, 2014

You Warm My Heart

I have a simple Christmas/Holiday card to share today.  :)  It is really simple but it took me a long time to finish it.


For this card, I started with the products I wanted to use:  the snowman stamp set and the Stitched Hillside border die from Lawn Fawn.  Naturally I would love to create a scene.  So I first created the snowbanks with the die, then added the snowman on it.  The snowman told me in a very sad voice that he was very lonely so I wanted to add some more to it.  I tried various things - trees next to him, a bird, another snowman but nothing seem to cheer him up.

Finally I  tried to add some snowflakes in the background and bingo!  That's exactly what the snowman wanted.  With the snowflakes the card looks a lot more lively.  The snowman is happy now!

I could have never imagined that this card could take me so long to finish.  It was a fun process nonetheless and I hope the card recipient will like it.

My card is entering the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
A Random Fan - Red, White and Green
Creative Card Crew - Christmas Joy
Our Daily Bread - Holiday
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Dream Valley - Getting Ready for Christmas
Crafty Cardmakers - die cuts

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door!

    Karen TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable snowman and a wonderful background! Love your snowflakes!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'Cut It Out' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M
    Jules DT :)
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw!!
    Who would not smile to see that cute little snowman, the sparkle, and those snowflakes. So cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! It's a good thing the snowman finally got what he wanted! Looks fabulous! Thanks Joyce for creating with us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Card CRew. Hope to see you again.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew with our Christmas Joy challenge hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous Christmas creation! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete