Thursday, June 21, 2012

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Ribbon Challenge

This week, Heart 2 Heart Challenge asks that we use ribbon in our project.  Ribbon is probably the my favorite embellishment.  One of the reasons is, many of my hand-made cards are mailed out rather than handed out.  I have had so many unfortunate instances where the recipient sadly told me that she did not receive an intact card because part of it was ripped off.  :(  Ribbon, however, is flat and is mail friendly, so it always remains my go-to embellishment.

I have always wanted to explore all the shapes available in the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  It offers 700 but I think so far I have only tried 10 to 15% of it.  I have yet tried all the 3-D projects so I tried the pillow box today and put some ribbon around it.  Voila!  A nice gift box:



You know, you just get addicted to making more.  So I've made a version 2 of the pillow box:


A close-up of the flower:


It turns out that making ribbon flowers is even more addictive than making the pillow box.  I'll stop blogging and make more ribbon flowers!

Materials used:
1.  Lucy paper packet
2.  Bulk ribbon - sweet leaf
3. Life is Tweet stamp set (Stamp of the Month)
4.  Buttons - Green Assortment
5.  Bohemian Assortment
6.  Creme Brulee Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
7.  Glitz Glitter Gel - Stardust



4 comments:

  1. Love the ribbon flower with the bling button in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ribbon flower! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joyce, I'm so glad you shared with us on H2H this week with your perky green ribbon flower! A great idea for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ribbon flower! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete