Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Plant Smiles, Grow Laughs, Harvest Love

Since I took out my Sonoma paper packet a couple of days ago, my love with it has been rekindled.  I must say I am always excited when I see release of new products and tend to abandon what I already had.  I liked the Sonoma paper a lot when it was launched in the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book and I was glad that it is carried over during the life of the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book.  However, I got carried away by all the new products in the current idea book and just forget my love with the Sonoma paper.

Good that I bought the stamp set Treasure Life then I found that this paper packet matches perfect with it, and continue to play with this combination.

I used a sketch from Clean & Simple Stamp blog:


After stamping the flowers, I disliked it.  There were too much empty space.


Good that I had yet cleaned my stamps, so I stamped the second generation image of the big stamp, and the second and third generation images of the small "singleton" flower.  The second and third generation images were much lighter but nevertheless serve their purpose to fill in the space.  Further, they added depth to the entire picture.  Don't you think?

Materials used:
1.  Sonoma paper packet
2.  Treasure Life stamp set
3.  Smokey Plum Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
4.  Olive Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
5.  Waxy Flax - Colonial White
6.  Designer Buttons - Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment