Wednesday, May 28, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - May

Hi Everyone!  Hope you have been enjoying this short week with a smile.  I made this tag over the Memorial Weekend and would love to share with you!


Be sure to check out all the entries linked up to Tim Holtz's blog here.   In addition to enjoying others' entries, you also see the step by step instruction from Tim as to how to make his tag for this month.

His post starts with stating that this month's challenge will be a challenge for many of us.  My heart sank immediately.  Difficult?  Can I make this tag?   I read along and I think he is so right.  This tag requires us to use many trinkets but many of us have a hard time to part with these goodies.  Hahaha~  He totally read my mind!

I've mentioned numerous times that I have a problem about cutting the beautiful paper apart.  This perpetual sickness has not been cured and I wonder if there is a magic potion to cure it.  I always appreciate how pretty the paper is and become so scared that I would cut it wrong - wrong directions, inaccurate dimensions and so forth.  You know, the same pattern comes in only two sheets in a pack and if I cut it wrong and need both sheets, I'm doomed.  

I'm also very good at not cutting the ribbon/twine.  I like to buy them in spools so I know I am allowed to make mistakes but if I buy them in yards I tend to measure the length many times before I cut it apart.  Want to compete with me for the number of mistakes made during crafting?  Good luck.  I'm so good at winning this competition. 

On the other hand, I've also heard a million times from craft teachers and expert crafters that every mistake we make is an opportunity to embellish.  I am starting to "allow" myself to make mistakes by avoiding those unnecessary worries.  In reality, no one is as conscious about those mistakes as I am.  When I gave out the mini-albums, scrapbook pages, calendars to my family and friends and pointed out those mistakes, they usually said I've remembered it wrong, or they put on their glasses and examined it then told me that they couldn't see a flaw.

So for the tag I made this month, I did use the new and pretty Wallflower paper from Tim Holtz (it was still difficult to cut paper apart), some trinkets, rub-on, tickets and alpha-parts.   I do like the new ShadowPress.  It works like an embossing folder but the effect is totally different.  Instead of providing a raised surface, it de-embosses the image so it looks like a shadow.  Tim Holtz's page described a number of ways to use it and I've chosen to create the most plain effect as I like to have a strong solid orange piece against the blue background.

Now that I've cut the Wallflower paper, I am ready to cut and use more of it.  Let me think what I'd like to do with it......

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment