Friday, May 23, 2014

Watercolor monoprint

Today I am combining watercolor and stencil!  I use the Harlequin layering stencil from Tim Holtz to create this card:


I've mentioned that this layering stencil is one of my faves and I just can't emphasize that enough.  It is great for masculine cards!  After creating the background with three tones of blue - Salty Ocean, Broken China and Faded Jeans, I just need to add a sentiment and a focal image, the card is easily done!  This is my first time using the Ranger Embossing Pearls - Silver.  It is not as shimmery as silver embossing powder and somehow I see the luster of a pearl.  Is that why it is embossing pearl?  LOL. 

I'm entering my card to
Artbymiran's Challenge - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - embossing

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Joyce thank you for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think it is called pearl for a reason :) Your card is very CaS and that car is gorgeous. Tim Holtz, I assume. This is perfect for Crafty Catz Challenge this week, good luck! - Annemaritta May GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I love the tone of the blue. Thanks for joining us at Art by Mi Ran. Joey x

    ReplyDelete