Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Background stamp & die-cut inlay = fun

Over at Online Card Classes there is a class called Stretch Your Stamps 2.  It is a class designed to help us stampers use our stamps more creatively to get more mileage out of the stamps.

The first two days of class focus on background stamps.  I dug out my old Hero Arts Merry background stamp to create this card:


I thought the picture above would show you better what I did.  I heat embossed this image with clear embossing powder on both a red and a green cardstock, then I die cut out the tree from both of them in the same position of the stamp.  I put the green tree into the negative piece of the red embossed panel. The two pieces fit together perfectly to form a flat piece.  I used the My Favorite Things Blueprints die 15  to create the tip topped panel, added the pennants with glitter paper, and a star to finish off the card.

From far away this card looks very plain and simple but when you look closely you see how fun it is to have a die cut inlay in a big background.  :)

Now let's see the card in its upright position.  You can still see that the letters align perfectly well:



My card is linking up to the following:

Creative Card Crew - Christmas
Stamps and Fun - Christmas in summer
Christmas cards all year round - Sparkle and Shine
CHNC Challenge extra - Christmas
CHNC - reach for the stars
Sparkles Monthly Challenges - Christmas in July

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. I do like embossed backgrounds, adds a certain extra umph to a card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love your simple layout and fab colours!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card-love the embossing and the green tree! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew challenge! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love the subtle words in the background.
    Thanks for getting festive and playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever card - I love how the letters still line up. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An unusual embossed card, simple and very effecdtive. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Forum. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple but yet very effective card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sparkles we hope to see you again!

    Love From Rebecca xx
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh shiny! Love the CAS lo and also the technique too, I've been using die cuts in a similar way recently but I also have a couple of large background stamps too that would look great. Fab idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda B
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved taking that class. So much inspiration for such a low price. I adore your card. The sparkle paper adds so much pizzazz. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards all Year Round.

    ReplyDelete