Monday, March 28, 2016

So Lovely

Sale PSA: Close to My Heart's Stampaganza (Buy Two Get One Free) campaign is ending this Thursday, the end of this Month.  Even though I am the one who said I do not want to buy just because of a sale, I just put in an order with stamps and stamps only.  This is a rare opportunity so take advantage of it.



Close to My Heart used to continue the production of all Cricut compatible stamps indefinitely.  But it is changing its policy.  Stamp sets will only be available during the life of the idea book where the stamps appear, even if it is a Cricut cartridge compatible stamp set.  Further, all stamp sets in the current Seasonal Expressions will retire by end of April 2016.  Some items, such as the thin cuts for this popular stamp set Springtime Wishes, were already sold out.  So if you have been holding off, don't wait any longer as the hot items could be gone anytime soon.

A special stamp set Hello Paradise is only available until the end of this month.  It is a cute stamp set with solid images that can be used for a variety of occasions.  Close to My Heart has designed a few layouts with the use of this set.  If you want to have a copy of it please contact me.

Today I'm sharing a layout.  In particular, I'm taking this as an opportunity to answer a question I have received: how do you use certain themed paper for a completely differently themed layout?  My simple answer is just go for it, have fun and adapt it to your need.

Some people think and feel that the Charlotte paper is wedding/romance themed.  I do not disagree that some elements do remind us of love, wedding, bliss, etc. but look beyond those elements.  What about the color scheme?  What about the patterns?  I have made numerous pages using this paper pack but none of them is wedding/love themed.  For the one I'm sharing today, I used it on a layout for pictures I took at the awards banquet in last year's Convention:



See the 4x6 black cut- apart card on the right?  It says "Home is wherever I'm with you."  But I've covered up the text with another cut-apart card that only has arrows on it.  They make quite a good match because the 4x6 black card also has some arrows.  Another cut-apart card is full of lovely flowers, which can be used for all occasions anyway.  I then grounded these elements with the label strip which has stripes only.  Had I not told you about it, who would know that it was designed for weddings?  These patterns are so versatile, and it will be a waste if we limit it to the use for weddings!

Next time if you turn down a paper collection because you do not like its theme, look beyond that and see if there are other elements that you like - motif, colors, patterns.

I'm entering my layout to the challenge at The Paper Girls - Paper Girls.  What's better to capture an exciting moment where the crafty girls were taking pictures at the beginning of the banquet?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment