Monday, March 2, 2015

Lucky Charm

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?  Or, do you make cards for those who celebrate?

I'm sharing one that could be used for St. Patrick's Day, or any time of the year for someone that you are thankful for.  It's a window card:



and when it's up right:


I love this image of Maneki-neko (Japanese beckoning cat, or fortune cat as I call it) and I wanted it so badly when I first saw it.  Isn't it cute?

I used the partial die cutting technique to cut the circle/window out from the top panel, then the same technique to cut out his upper body.  I would call it complete but thought a circle frame would make it nice.  And yes, it does give the window some more definition and I like it.

I'm entering my card to:
Sentimental Sunday - Anything Goes
Open Minded Crafting - Luck
Simply Create Too - St. Patrick's Day/Green
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. Totally love this CAS card! Love the cute image. Thanks for playing along with us this week in our Funday Friday challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack! Enjoy your week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for any fun occasion. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Love the simple CAS design. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and a great CAS style.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Julie DT
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, that little fortune cat is adorable! I just love this window card, well done! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight for our "Luck" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful and clean card!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute Card. Thank you for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting. Good luck and we looking forward to seeing you again.
    Sammi (AngelicBadGirl) DT - OMC

    ReplyDelete