Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Sympathy Card

This week The Paper Players' challenge is a sympathy card:


I've used a sketch from Clean and Simple Card Making 2 to make this card:


I went with the traditional dark colors - gray and black but the black background is embossed with clear embossing powder.  That stamp is the same one on the gray strip, except that it is not embossed but it is tone-on-tone.

I really like that I am using the same stamp in different ways on a card because that gives a sense of unity.  Here's the card from a different angle:


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty card! I love the stamped and embossed background. I think embossing with clear powder adds a touch of elegance. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background! Thank you for joining is at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete