Sunday, February 3, 2013

Your Perfect Day!

I'm still in the catching up mode.  Class 2's homework is to make a one layer card and Class 3 is to apply a new technique.

I've learned this technique called Gradient Stamping and immediately fell in love with it!  I am using ink pads from Close to My Heart so I had to spend quite some time to figure out the colors to use, and how to achieve the effect as the instructor did. 

Eventually I've picked Blush, Creme Brulee and Sunset to achieve this effect.  Then I'm making a one layer card for Class 2's homework and OLW's challenge.  See the "HAPPY"s in different colors here:


Honestly I just picked up a stamp from an old set to try it out, but using it for a birthday card appears to make sense so I continued to work it up for this card.

Ardyth has made a stunning one layer card for her challenge - Your Perfect Day.  You really want to check it out.  Her card describes the perfect day for every one!  Don't you agree that those are the elements of a perfect day? 

Well, when I was making this card, I can't help thinking about the good time I had on my birthday this year.  I then naturally made this birthday card with the gradient stamping technique.  Certainly, TODAY is my perfect day, as I finally grasp the technique well enough to make a card.  I'm so excited!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Birthdays are definitely up there in my list of perfect days! I love how you've placed the Happy so perfectly straight - great colours, too! Thank you for your lovely compliments and for playing along with OLW this week, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of birthdays too - they are special aren't they?! Lovely stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors and very even, not sure i'd have the patience, lol!

    visiting from OLW
    hope you can visit me too :)

    ReplyDelete