Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm sharing a V-day card, of course.  It is a card that I'm proud of because I've tried a new technique on it called Plaid Stamping!  It was done on the hearts:


I first did Plaid Stamping on a piece of white cardstock using Cranberry and Blush ink, then I used Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the hearts and put them on the dimensional elements.  In retrospect I think I might be able to stamp directly on the dimensional elements (hearts) but I do think it is worth the extra effort to first stamp it on cardstock then cut it out because the cardstock provides a better surface for the ink.

Plaid stamping is a technique that's quite involving and time-consuming for an impatient person like me.  But it is indeed very rewarding when I see the result and I think I'm going to try it with other colors!

This card is entering the following challenges:
1.  Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Love is in the Air
2.  Bitten by the Bug 2 - Heart or Cupid challenge
3.  Color My Heart Color Dare #29 - Cranberry and Blush
4.  The Sweet Stop sketch challenge:


5.  Addicted to Stamps and More! - Bingo Challenge:

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

  1. I love the plaid stamping on your hearts. Very cute interpretation of the layout too. Thanks for playing at ATSM this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!!! I'm gonna have to check into this plaid stamping!! I love the look. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely ADORE this card. Too bad my Valentine's Day hubby card is already made, signed, and sealed. But this is going straight into my "to be CASE'd later" file. It has a very cute and classy feel to it. Not an easy combo to pull off.

    Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Valentine card, Joyce! The plaid stamping technique looks fab. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card. I like that stamping technique. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun stamping technique - I will have to give that a try! Wonderful Valentine card... Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hearts look really great, I love the stamping you've done, great idea! Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card! Thanks for joining Colormy Heart this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card Joyce. Love the pretty hearts. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great new technique for me to try. Your card is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the paper you used for the hearts. A really cute card. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well your technique worked out beautifully, well done! I love your card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the plaid stamping! I just have a thing for plaid. And gingham. I need to learn this technique! Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card and great job on the sketch. I really like thecplaid hearts. Thanks for sharing at bbtb2.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this plaid stamping! lol Your card is awesome, and those heart are amazing! They really pop on the card. I really must check into this plaid stamping cause I love the look of it! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Valentine! I love the traditional pink and red. Thanks for sharing with us at Color My Heart Blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I want to know how to plaid stamp!!! So cute, Joyce! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Dare this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute Valentine's card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hearts turned out great!!! Worth the extra work :)
    Thanks for playing over at BBTB2

    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute technique! Thanks for sharing your "love"ly artwork with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.Stampologist.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun card! I love how you combined so many challenges for a really attractive and delightful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card and the plaid technique was well done! Thanks for joining us at Heart2Heart challenges.

    Shirley - DT

    ReplyDelete