Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One Stamp Three Ways

I'm still working on the homework from last week and one of them is One Stamp Three Ways.

I just wanted to see if I could come up with three ways so excuse the same color combo on all the cards.  I've chosen a background stamp to brainstorm ideas and I got three.

The first one is to use the stamp as a background stamp.  The middle panel was stamped in pear with the polka dots stamp:


Next up is one that I used as as a "patterned paper".  I stamped it in pear, then stamped an outline stamp on top of it.  See the "H" and "B":


Finally I'm using it to kiss other stamps.  Notice that kissing and reverse kissing are used.  For the first, third and fifth letters (h, l and o), I inked it up well then stamped it on the polka dots background stamp to absorb some of its ink before I stamped it on the paper.  Then for the remaining letters and the exclamation mark, I inked it up and stamped it on the background stamp but I stamped the background stamp onto the paper.  If you look closely, you'll see that the two patterns are different.  Besides, the "e" is upside down and also right side left, because it is the reverse image that the background stamp has got.


It is quite a bit of fun to brainstorm ideas to use a stamp in multiple ways.  I'd love to do the same for other stamps.  Isn't it great that we can get more mileage from what we have?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment