Saturday, February 2, 2013

Catching up

I'm taking an Online Card Class called Clean and Simple Card Making 2 and have been enjoying every minute of it.  It feels very good that I am learning at the comfort of my home and at my own pace.

I am not a fast learner but in cases that I need a little more help I rewind or replay the video and I could even ask questions in the forum.  How nice!

The class started January 28, 2013 and each day we are given a challenge, or if you will, homework.  I think it will be fun to put what I've learned in class into use so I'm trying to catch up here with the first day's homework.

We were given a couple sketches and I've taken one of them to make my card.  The sketch is meant to be for a standard A2 card but I've enlarged it to become my 5" x 7" card and I think it looks just as great:



The circle was cut at 3.5" and the scallop at 4.5".  It was quite a challenge to cut out the circle in the scallop and I could totally relate to what Kristina said in class, "Slow down and enjoy the process.  When we slow down we tend to make fewer mistakes and our cards will look great."  I created this card in "slow motion" but Kristina is right, the end result is worth the extra time I spent on it.

Thanks for fluterring by!

No comments:

Post a Comment