Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One more Chantilly birthday card

I have been having a lot of fun with the Chantilly paper packet and hope you have not been bored by this series of birthday cards.

Today I'm using the sketch from Retro Sketches to make a birthday card:




My card made use of the stamp from Chantilly cardmaking workshop on the go:


Making this card is a lot of fun.  First is that I have an opportunity to color the cake.  Coloring is therapeutic!  Then I had fun "coloring" the frosting with the Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.  The picture is not doing its justice but in real life the frosting is glittering!  Finally, I realize that I could easily transform this into a manly card.  In fact when I first started I thought about that, that's why I've used Twilight to be the liner for the cake.  I've eventually used Creme Brulee for the banner to neutralize it to become a girly card.  Had I chosen a darker color, it would become a masculine card.  I like that it could be used both ways!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment