Friday, December 27, 2013

Hello

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Boxing Day!

Did you get all the presents on your wish list?  I had a happy time and received the new 2014 Close to My Heart Idea Book before Christmas, so in addition to enjoying Christmas activities I had fun making another wish list from the Idea Book.

I am getting ready for my family trip and am very happy to have completed three albums (and debating whether to make an additional calendar) so we could share the joy reading them during the trip.  Certainly we are going to take a lot of pictures so I will make another album for next year! :)

After finishing the albums, I do have some scraps hanging out on my desk.  I couldn't just dump them into trash so I started making cards.  This is the first one that I completed:

I've used one of the sketches from Make it From Your Heart Volume 2.  These patterns lend me a big hand when I needed something quick and they never fail me.  I like that you can use the patterns as shown, flip them, simplify them or embellish them to the fullest extent.  I tend to keep my cards simple and flat as I am mailing many of them, but who says a simple pattern cannot transform into a great card?

I am linking up my card to the following:
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge. Happy holidays Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete