Monday, March 24, 2014

Masked Background

I am recovery from my surgery last week.  I'm fine but my right eye is asking for a lot of rest.  She usually prevails over my left eye.  When one eye heavily shuts off the other eye has to yield to that force.  LOL.

Having said that I still try to craft little by little.  I'm going to share a couple of cards in separate posts.

This one focuses on masked background and I love the results!

I learned it from Laura Bassen at CAS 3.  Her card was well thought and planned, unlike mine which is a result of impromptu mixing of colors and widths of color bands.  I still like it a lot and will certainly do it more often.  Even though it is a one-layer card it brings a lot of impact!

Note to myself: I have to be more generous with the masking tape when using distress inks.  Distress inks blend so well that the residue on the tape will mix with the color I'm trying to put on the card.  I noticed it when I was applying Wild Honey but it turned to be very dark due to the Shaded Lilac left on the tape.  Eventually I re-used the tapes only for similar colors.  Please tell me you can't tell which orange band was contaminated with purple!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment