Wednesday, April 30, 2014

12 tags of 2014 - April

I can't believe that we are finishing one-third of 2014!  Isn't time flying by too fast?

I have meant to play along the 12 tags of 2014 - April as I bought three framework dies in March but it wasn't until this past weekend I just broke the framework dies open.

I made my first card using the courtyard die here and I like it a lot.  Making my own background using these dies is something new and fun to me.  In this card I've only used the pieces and the frame is still sitting on my messy desk.  What should I do with it?  For the April tag of course!



For this tag I want to feel Spring so I've used Shaded Lilac paint for the courtyard die and the Shaded Lilac stain for the ribbon trim.  It was a very thin layer of Shaded Lilac paint and after I have misted it with water I can still see the tissue tape beneath quite well.  I ran the die again on some patterned papers for the pieces but I am afraid many of them are covered by the leaves and the flowers.

By now we all know my go-to-colors for leaves but guess what?  I have changed a bit this time.  Instead of my usual combo of peacock feathers, peeled paint, mowed lawn I am using peeled paint and crushed olive. This new combo does not have the blue hues and I like it just as much. :)

To match with the patterned paper I have cut some yellow and red flowers.  I think they have a nice contrast with the Shaded Lilac background and trim.

It is quite a relief as I almost miss the fun of 12 tags of 2014 - April.  That's why the tag "Breathe" is a good reminder for myself.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment