Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Watercoloring with dies

Just made a Thank You card for my mom as she needs some.  This one is super clean and simple:


This is actually my second attempt with this technique.  The first one, oh well, was an epic failure and let me just say I was too ambitious to try it with an intricate die.  It is much more manageable with this simple flower die and the results are a lot better. 

What I did was to use the negative space as a guide to watercolor the shape of the flowers.  I used distress inks again, as they blend really well with water and they give me quite a bit of open time to work with.  When I become more advanced, I may try other inks.

I'm linking my card to the following:
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
DL.Art Thankful Thursday - Anything Feminine
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Flowers, Die Cut, Ribbon, Purple (I've chosen Flowers and Die Cut)
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card, love the idea! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge for May at Crafting by Designs! Hope to see you join us in June too! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete