Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Scrapbooking & Project Life

Happy Hump Day!

Oops it has been a week since I last posted on my blog.  Where did my time go?  Well, a series of off-site meetings at work is taking quite a lot of my time, making crafting difficult.  Then, for the various times I've tried blogging, I could not even log in.  If I was fortunate enough to log in, I could not upload pictures.  Argh!

Anyway, it seems like everything is finally working just fine.  Want to see my first project life spread?  I know that project life has been around (correction: popular) for quite a while but I have been busy in the card-making department and wasn't really paying much attention to it.  Recently I am getting back to mini-albums and scrapbooking and I thought I could give it a try.     I will be honest that I won't be doing it regularly to document my weekly life.  I wish I had that discipline.  But I think I could try this as part of my scrapbooking process.  I did try it out and I like it.

There are just about millions of project life products on the market.  The only one I got was the sheet protectors.  LOL.  You have no idea how much I was resisting the temptation to buy the gazillions of cute products!  As I am just starting out, I'll try to minimize my purchase.  Further, even though I am really interested in many of the core kits and mini kits, I'd love to use my scrapbooking supplies for project life.  For one, haven't I got more than enough for my layouts?  Secondly, I am not too appealed to the rounded corners of the project life cards.

For my first project life spread, I've chosen pictures I took in September and the cutouts from the new Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather collection:




I totally love these cutouts - they are great accent pieces and journaling cards!  I think I'm supposed to put more journaling cards to the 3x4 pockets?  I opted to cut my 4x6 picture in half and put them in the pockets.  Not bad, huh?

After making this project life spread, I also made a traditional scrapbook page.  It is a picture I took in a Vietnamese restaurant last winter.  The story behind this is that as we had no idea what to order, we told the waiter we wanted that "good looking quiche-looking  dish" on the table behind us.  Try say it fast three times and you know what i mean!  I came to know that it is called Banh Khot:



Sorry about the glare of the photo.  I found a new place at home to take pictures but at this new spot I had to use flash.  I hope you could still see the little pancake cups with shrimps.  It was delish and I had to make a page about it!  I've tried a new thing for the background: I cut the patterned paper into strips and pieced them into chevrons.  It was quite a time consuming process but for a page about Banh Khot?  I think it's absolutely worth it!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment