Friday, January 23, 2015

Some CASE cards

Today I'm sharing several cards that I have craft lifted from the talented and sweet Laura Bassen.  I took an online class that she taught and had to try some of the techniques shown using my supplies.

First up is this birthday card that involves blending the ink colors:


Then it's repeat stamping but the colors do overlap.  I started with this arrow stamp set (worried that it could be an epic failure):



The stamp image has four arrows.  Whenever I ink it with a new color, I stamp it with the overlap with the rightmost arrow from the previous color.

It was a blast and I tried it with the chevrons which is a border stamp:


Another one that I liked a lot is to add some depth to stamped images with colors:


I really could not take any credit for these cards except for one thing:  I don't have a perfect shade of orange for my flower card and guess what?  I'm not going to let that deter the progress.  I simply stamped the image twice - once with pink (called Pixie) and once with yellow (called Canary) to create my orange.  So glad that it is a clear stamp so aligning it wasn't difficult. :)

I'm going to try the other techniques in her class.  It's really fun!

I'm linking up my second card to the following:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Colorful
Dream it Up - Happy Birthday to You
Scrap and Craft - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous cards! Beautiful colors :) Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and Good Luck!
    Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
    www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab set of cards
    Thanks for joining us at Auds sentiment designs and good luck in the challenges
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete