Monday, September 12, 2016

Killing time (and products)

Due to a lot of reasons, I had a lot of time waiting for my flight.  I took out my Ernie figurine and started taking pictures of him at the gate.  For your reference, this figurine is my travel buddy.  He has gone on numerous trips with me pre-iphone era.  Back then, I don't think there was something called selfie. So when I wanted to take a picture of a landmark, I either take a picture like I would a postcard, or make him the face in my picture.

Today, I take selfies when I travel thanks to my smart phones.  But I still take him with me on trips and take pictures of him.  I even make a layout of him this time.

Shimelle is challenging us to use floral motifs on our layout.  How am I going to use flowers with Ernie?


I used the floral patterned paper as the background paper, then put his picture on a stripe paper to create some contrasts.  Each cluster of the embellishments has a resin flower.  It doesn't seem to be a girly layout, does it?

Anyhow, I just wanted to document the things I did while waiting for my flight.  Further, I'm glad that I finally used all the products from the kit I bought at a show TWO+ years ago (did you see the plus sign?).  I normally do not use so many embellishments on a page, but here, there are four tags on the title, many resin flowers, buttons, and stickers.  That's ok,  I told myself, as now I have more room for new goodies. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment