Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A snow globe evolved into a Christmas Tree

How did a snow globe evolve to become a Christmas Tree?  No, I didn't observe such an evolution while I was making cards, but it was how my idea has transformed.  When I saw this sketch from CAS on Sunday, how I wish I had a snow globe die or stamp!


But then I thought a window card, which is my recent obsession, should be too bad either.  I thought about using a christmas ornament but eventually I turned to my Christmas tree:

I probably have not captured it well in the picture, but the star sitting on top of the tree sparkles.  I have put some Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter on it.  It sparkles but only when it look at it straight.  If you tilt it the glitter does not look as sparkling.

For the sentiment, I have tried various embossing powder but as it turned out, the plain old white embossing powder gives the best result.  I tried Holographic, Polysparkle, Tinsel, you name it.  They are all pretty but I was afraid that they do not pop enough on the green banner.  Had I used a black banner, those embossing powders might look better.

My card is entering the following challenges:
Allsorts challenge - Treemendous
Sweet Stampin' - Wood, Tree or Leaves
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Craftin' Desert Divas - Anything Goes
Created with Love - Anything Goes
The Paper Nest Doll - Anything Goes
Tammy Scraping Corner - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Fab card! Love the window! Great cut! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, awesome card! glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love your card. I like the idea of the cut out. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card...and how the card evolved. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome window card! Love the colors too. Thanks for joining the CAS on Sunday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Chrissy card Joyce. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super entry for my Treemendous theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely windowcard. Thank you for sharing this with us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT window card! Now I'm feeling like I need to get started on my Christmas cards!! Thanks for sharing this pretty card and for joining us at Craftin Desert Diva's Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love CAS Crimbo cards - so stylish - saw this on MIM - it's one of my favourite entries this week!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful window card….very very clever! Thanks for joining us with our sketch challenge over at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card. Great idea.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' .

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I love all the sparkle! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joyce! You made awesome Christmas card. Love it! Thank you for joining our Anything goes challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple yet so effective. Love it!...... Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - anything goes, Keeley DT X X X

    ReplyDelete
  17. This Is such a Fun card, I love this idea! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Nest Doll Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete