Saturday, October 12, 2013

Paper Piecing

I have a storage box to keep my new goodies.  This box is where my new goodies go when they come home with me.  I have been really good at stocking it up to the extent that it has an overflow.  I am very happy with new products but I must try them out so the box can yield to more new goodies. :)

One of the things that lived in that storage box was the Lawn Fawn Blue Skies stamp set, together with its coordinating die.  I have a strong motivation to play with it and I am using the sketch from Sketchbook Saturday Challenge:


 
 
I always like Iwona's cards and her sketch challenges always give me a good time.   As I am really into window cards lately, I meant to use this sketch to create one, but as the card evolved the window somehow disappeared:
 
 
I have used the retired Dream Pop paper for the balloons.  As for the yellow background, I wanted to make it coordinate with the fuchsia panel so I inked up a background stamp and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The pattern is rather subtle, so it gives way to the bold and bright striped fuchsia panel.  Paper piecing is easy peasy when there is a coordinating die.  Who doesn't like the convenience?
 
 
My card is also entering the following challenges:
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Jellypark Friends - Anything Goes
 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun and colourful card, Joyce! Love the balloons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a bright & cheery card, wonderful. Thanks for playing along at
    Creative Fingers
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute fun card!!

    Thanks for joining Sister Act Card challenge this week

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete