Monday, May 4, 2015

Birthday cupcakes

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day that's full of crafts and fun.  I aimed at scrapbooking those pictures from my family trip years ago and not only did I finish them, I also got a few more layouts and project life pages done.  Yay!

I'm sharing a card today that's for my SIL:


She likes purple and that's why it's so full of purple!  The cupcakes, the background, the sentiment, the decorating tool........ I've added some more purple to the inside too. :)

When I was coloring the images, I realized that I only have three purple Copic markers.  I think it's time to expand my purple collection.  See, the cupcake and the decorating tool share the same shades of purple, that's not pretty enough.  And while I am expanding my purple collection, I also want to add more pinks.........

I could continue to count the colors I *need* until both you and I fall asleep.  I wish I had local Copics classes to go to so I could learn more techniques.  The markers are very addictive but even if I bought the entire collection, I don't think my colored images will dramatically improve.  It's a struggle for me to tell whether the deficiency is caused by lack of markers or technique.  The reality is really a combination of both but I secretly wish that it's just the lack of markers.

My card is linking up to the following:
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Eureka stamps - feminine cards
MarkerPop - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion Challenges. Monica.-DT

    ReplyDelete