Monday, May 25, 2015

Going on An Adventure

I hope those in the States have enjoyed a great Memorial weekend.  Salute to those who have sacrificed themselves to protect us!

My weekend is not as craft-filled as I wish.  The most crafty part was probably the shopping part!  LOL.  Because of additional sale on certain items, I did stock up a few things at Michaels and Joann's.  But in terms of actual crafting, not much was done.

Apart from spending time with friends and family, I did quite a bit of reading.  Some was for work (too bad my supervisors don't read this blog otherwise they may consider giving me a raise for being so into work) but more was for leisure. 

Know the girl who makes perfect CAS cards called Cristina Kowalczyk (see her blog here)?  She is also an author of several books.  While doing grocery shopping at Target, I also picked up her book The Book of Unknown Americans.  I'll tell you honestly that not that many other books stood out to me.  Further, many card makers have given positive reviews for this book and it made to Targer's reader club, it couldn't be bad.  Finally, isn't it a nice way to support a fellow crafter?   The book didn't disappoint me.  It was just as beautiful as her cards.  No kidding.  It touched my heart, very much.

Probably due to the fact that I live in a city where the population is diverse, I've heard some similar stories from real people, but I never felt the intensity of their emotions when they told me about them.  Cristina's book and the stories of her characters led me reflect on what I heard, and understand those who are new to this country.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes some easy read and anyone who wants to understand immigrants more.

Onto the craft project today.  I am sharing a simple layout that I made based on a sketch from Sketchbook 2015:


I've used Amy Tangerine Stitched paper and Kelly Purkey's Clearly Kelly: Destination set from Hero Arts.  This page came together at no time.  I remember Amy Tangerine once said that the pretty papers look prettier on a project than sitting in a drawer.  She is right.  I hoarded quite a bit of her patterned paper but apparently her paper on my layout means much more to me!

I'm linking up my layout to the following:
All Crafts Challenge - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything Goes with option of a tag

No comments:

Post a Comment