Friday, January 15, 2016

Cheers!

I know that my friend has received and seen the card so I can finally post it here!

It is actually the very first card I made in 2016 and it's a birthday card for a dear friend:


Does this card look somehow familiar to you?  You may have seen a love card on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  I've used many of the design elements from Jennifer McGuire's card here.  Her card is fabulous and after I have seen it on her blog and her video, I wanted to make one using my own supplies.

I wanted to make a birthday card for a guy friend rather than a love card so I've used a star shape as the window.  I've used the Lawn Fawn stackable star dies here.  The dies do not have the details on the edge that Jennifer's heart die does, so I've created a frame for the window.  A nice thing about these stackable dies is that you could create a border easily.  Just nest a smaller one inside the other and run through the machine and the resulting frame looks as if you have made it from a frame die! :)

I do not have sequins in the "right color" but I have quite a few star wood veneers.  So I've colored the tiny wood veneers in red using a Sharpie and sealed the pocket with my fuse tool.  I used blue glitter paper to make the "cheers" die cut and white embossed the sentiment Happy Birthday on a blue strip of banner.  I added a few more glittery stars on the card front to finish it off.

Head over to Jennifer's blog to see her awesome card.  Her blog is constantly inspiring me in many different ways and I'm sure it will inspire you too!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment