Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July

Is it too early to start preparing Christmas cards in July?  Not for me.  In fact, I started in June this year.  I have dedicated the bi-weekly crop to my "Christmas cards" night and so two weeks ago when we started the crop I also started my preparation for Christmas cards.

It is definitely a good idea for me because I always find myself rushing through the process of making cards and could not enjoy it as much as I wanted.  Hopefully this year the jumpstart will help me enjoy it better!

I've used some retired products to make Christmas cards.  Oldies but goodies.  I've made a couple of cards that look like this:



Interestingly many crafters feel the same that we should start Christmas cards preparation early.  I found a couple challenges that call for "Christmas in July"  such as The Squirrel and the FoxHooked on Craft Challenges and Through the Craft Room Door.    I'm participating in these challenges using my simple card and hopefully my card will help inspire others in preparing their Christmas projects.

Will share more Christmas projects with you.  Now let me grab some ice-cream to cool down........

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce,
    Oh My Goodness this is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the image, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout, such a clean looking card . Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, love the clean style. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete