Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to You

Let's take a short break from Christmas cards.  I've made a birthday card using the new Cricut Artiste cartridge based on the sketch provided by Freshly Made Sketches:



I've always wanted to cut flowers in their outline and layer them.  With this image provided in the Artiste cartridge, I can finally achieve this effect:



The flowers are all cut from the same button, just in different sizes and different colors.  I then put them down on a Sky cardstock that was stamped with flourishes to fill the empty space, added some bling and voila, the birthday card is done!

I've made some other things with the Artiste cartridge and I just can't tell you how fun it is to play with it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the layered flowers. I need to pull myself away from making boxes with the Artiste cart to try some of the new flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce! Pretty flowers! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Such colourful flowers! Love their blinged centres! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete