Saturday, December 22, 2012

One Layer Thank You card

OLW is challenging us to use blue and silver.  I immediately thought of "CAS-ing" myself - using blue cardstock and silver snowflakes.  However I think that the reason I wanted to take part in a challenge is to challenge myself.  CAS-ing myself does not constitute a challenge.

Thus I thought about what I could do and I decided to use Outdoor Denim as the card base and make a card with silver embossing.


Outdoor Denim is a very dark blue, and I bet you think it is dark when you see it in the picture, but trust me, it is blue.  I stamped the flourish twice and then the sentiment in the middle.  It looked a bit plain to me so I colored the rhinestones in blue and put some of them in the flourish.  Easy-peasy.

The card looks quite elegant in person and I probably should make a couple of these to stock up my Thank You cards.

Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment