Thursday, November 28, 2013

Embossing

I've finally tried embossing using dies.  I'm sure that I will do this more often from now on as it is fun and easy.


Using the dies for embossing rather than die cutting is a big time saver, especially for an intricate die like the one above.  On one hand, there is no worries that the delicate parts did not cut through, there is also no need to poke each hole and clean up the die.  The next big time saver is that there is no need to apply tiny dots of glue on the die cut.

I've made cards using the die cut itself and they are certainly pretty, but I also like to make some using the die for embossing.  It is also pretty, but different.

My card is entering the following challenges:
Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes
My Besties - Christmas
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Christmas

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. i love the cas-look of your wounderful card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! - Great CAS Card!

    Thanx for joining us at My Besties Norge
    We wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you back next time!

    Hugs
    Eva Gro
    DT member at My Besties Norge

    ReplyDelete