Monday, September 15, 2014

A card for my dad

Sometimes I feel bad that I am quite a lot closer to my mom than to my dad.  My mom and I talk about girl stuff, shopping, iphone 6 orders, and everything in between.  My mom and I even chit chat on WhatsApp.  My dad and I do video conference weekly, but, that's not a one-on-one meeting because my mom is usually sitting next to my dad when we are conferencing.  If I do the math, I feel that I spend a lot more time chatting with my mom than with my dad.

So I thought I would make a card for him to make him happy!  


It is a simple 5"x 7" card.  I used barn red as the card base, then stamped the Lawn Fawn Argyle backdrops in barn red to create that background pattern.  I cut a strip of patterned paper from the retired CTMH Dakota paper, added the frames and die cut letters from Lawn Fawn Louie's ABCs.  To balance layout I added three black button brads in the bottom right corner.

I was inspired by one of the patterns in the Originals How-To program.  Can you tell which one it is? When I use the CTMH how-to programs, I usually follow the guides very strictly but for some reason I went on to improvise the pattern this time.  I like that it is not too much deviated from the original sketch but I added my own twist! :)  I hope my dad will like it too!

My card is linking up to the following:
A Creative Romance - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Male Challenge
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - For a man or boy
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! I think dads get left out often, poor guys. How nice to have made him a card, I am sure he will love it. Thank you for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create this week ! ~ Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete