Monday, April 18, 2016

A baby card

Happy Monday!  I'm afraid this post goes up rather late this Monday.

I mentioned last week that I would be working on my cousin's birthday card but I got distracted and made a detour - a baby card.

Baby J arrived late February and is just about ready to meet with us.  I wanted to make a card for his parents (and sneak in a gift card for them).  Although they insisted that they really don't need anything, since J has all the hand-me-downs from his older brother K, I feel bad that when K was born, there was a shower and he got many gifts while J only has hand-me-downs.  I want to fair with both K and J! LOL.  Oh well, if his parents insist, there is no reason to argue with them.  I'm sure there are many many opportunities in the future that I could send a gift to J.

The card I made for J's parents followed the sketch from Hearts 2 Hearts Challenge:


It has been a while since I last played at H2H but I can't miss this one because I love sketch challenges!   My card used the mirror image of the sketch:


I can't help but using my trusty Zoe paper pack.  Don't you agree that the bright colors are great for a Congrats card?  I've also mentioned numerous times that the patterns are so generic that you could use it for a wide variety of projects.  Love it!

I've also used the stamp sets Baby Zoo, Packages, Boxes and Tags for the elephant and the sentiment. Both of these stamps will be retiring on July 31, 2016.  If you are interested in them, do not wait until the last minute!  The White enamel stars are another of my favorite.  They just work on almost all projects!  The best thing?  Use your alcohol markers to turn them into any color you like.  Who says they have to be white?  Make them blue, yellow, whatever!

My card is also entering the following:
Ellibelle's Creative Moments - Critters/Creature
Dream Valley - Anything Goes
Our Crafty Corner - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby card love the elephant. Thank you for joining us over at Our Crafty Corner, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this card sketch and such pretty colors too! Love the elephant!!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete