Friday, April 22, 2016

Seriously Thanks for Everything

Happy Friday!

I'm sharing a quick and easy masculine Thank You card today.  In general I think the most difficult part on a masculine card is to strike the balance that it is simple and clean enough for a guy card but at the same time interesting and fun enough as a handmade card.

For this one I'm using patterned paper from the Regatta collection:

The Regatta collection has a nautical theme but it can be used in so many other themed projects.  I have made scrapbook layouts that are in no way related to the sea, beach, or even summer.

For this masculine card, I used one of the card sketches from Make it from Your Heart Vol. I.  I used the wavy background stamp in the Jumping Geometrics set to create my own patterned paper for the background.  Tone-on-tone stamping is one of my faves and I just couldn't resist it for this card.  The sentiment comes from the set Stamps of Approval, which will retire end of this month. This set has five badge-like images that are great for card-makers.  I'm sad to see it go but happy to make room for new products. :)

To add a finishing touch, I included a strip of silver shimmer tape.  These shimmer tapes last forever (I'm not complaining!). :)  They are a great helper to add a little something to any projects.  I like that they last forever and are easy to use.

My card is entering the following challenges:
Inky Impressions - All about boys
The Paper Shelter - For the Boys
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment