Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hope - Love - Peace

Let's see what I shared with my friends at team meeting couple of weeks ago.  It is a Christmas card that I made with many versions.  They are extremely similar and the difference lies only on the color of the "house."

I've tried many colors and I think that Chocolate and Barn Red looks really great.  My favorite, is to make it colorful:


The house was first stamped in bamboo, a very very pale color, then I used the blending pen to dip in the ink pad and transferred the color to the bamboo-inked image.  A little bit at a time.  For an intricate image like this one, it did take a long time but I think it is worth the effort as it turns out so nice and people will ask "how did she do that?"

The house was cut by Art Philosophy and if I do not color the house by blending pen, it took just a split second to make the card.  I plan to make a large volume of it for Operation Write Home. 

My card is entering the challenge at
Bitten by the Bug - Christmas in July and
Jingle Belles - Christmas card with a house on it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty Joyce!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Christmas In July' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely card. thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips on coloring with your blending pen ... I was thinking *how did she do that* before I read your description ... it it quite a striking effect with that fantastic holiday image ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was DEFINITELY going to ask "*HOW* did you do that?!" so i'm glad you put the description right into your post! that is an amazing technique and you've used it to perfection on this lovely little card! well done! and thanks for coming "home for the holidays" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete