Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fun with coloring

What is your favorite coloring medium?  Copics?  Color pencils? Markers?

I have yet tried Copic markers as they seem quite intimidating to me.  When I heard that there are dozens of the shade for each color, I am overwhelmed and have no idea where to start.  Having said that I am always tempted to try Copics.  Who isn't impressed by the realistic image as a result of Copic coloring?

I have invested in a big set of color pencils and watercolor pencils.  I also have a set of distress markers.  I use them from time to time, but not as often as I wish.  Today I purposefully took out my distress markers and the stickers from Elizabeth Crafts and meant to play with them.

I colored a flower and made a card with it:


This timeless sketch is provided by Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:

Coloring is a relaxing and therapeutic activity.  I have heard many coloring professionals that beginners over-worried about lighting and shading thus missed the fun with coloring.  When I color, I try not to analyze the image and just color happily.  Usually it comes out fine.  One nice thing about coloring with distress markers is that it is very forgiving and the open time to salvage is pretty long.
I'm off to color some more!

My card also links up to:
Craft Your Passion Challenge - Girly Girl
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Cuttin and Stampin - Spring is here!
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Challenges & Candies - Spring is Around Corner

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with your colors! I love the flower, great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with us this week at AHSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring job with the flower. It looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is beautiful! I so want to get some distress markers! I too wanted to really color with Copics but just could not bring myself to put out that huge amount of cost not knowing if I would really use them a whole lot. Mainly cause I am typically more of a scrapbooker not cardmaker. But, I really wanted to begin to color, so I invested in Spectrum-Noir markers and have to say I really like them and the look of them. And the plus side is there are not as many shades so it does not get so overwhelming. Anyhow, hang in there and just keep coloring...yes it is fun and therapeutic! Thanks for sharing with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'

    Teresa DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I really like the clean look of this card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I really like the clean look of this card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coloring is beautiful!! Very springy!! Thanks for joining us at Cuttin' and Stampin' and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours on this one, and it just pops. Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card, super cute! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colouring is lovely, thanks for sharing this card over at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card...love your color choice! Thank you for joining us on the Cuttin' and Stampin' challenge blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your c&s card is so beautifully coloured, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši" this week with your cute Spring card :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete