Sunday, February 16, 2014

The time tunnel

Sometimes I love to travel through the time tunnel and visit my old crafty friends.  Yes I like to visit those supplies that I have hoarded over the years.  I have this disease that I am always afraid to cut the pretty paper.  I'm worried that once I cut it in the wrong direction or in the wrong size, the project will become doomed.  It is hard for me to consider that as an opportunity to embellish when I was so focused on making the project in my head.  In reality, however, my project continues to evolve as it is taking shape, I really should not worry too much.

There is this stamp set and this paper pack that always remind me of the fond memories - Aspiration stamp set and Unforgettable paper from Close to My Heart.  They represent my very first experience in playing with coordinating stamp sets and paper.  I saw this color combo at Color My Heart and the paper used, so I thought I should jump right on it.  I had so much fun with playing with the set and paper that I actually have made two cards.  I am sharing one today:


I guess I am biased.  I don't think that after all these years the paper or the image seem dated.  They still look fresh and pretty to me.  :)

My card is linking up to Color My Heart Color Dare challenge:


and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:


Stampin 4 the Weekend - Flower Power
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Pearls
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. This is lovely paper, wish I could get my hands on some of it.....well before my time. Great job, it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, Joyce, and I had been wishing for another chance at this paper kit ever since I saw the Quick Cards-Japanese Blossom stamp. Your card is fabulous & so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is pretty and fresh. Reminds me of spring.Great job, thanks for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card :) Thanks so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you again! ~ Anne Lise ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very pretty! I still have a whole paper pack of this one, have not found just the right project for it yet. I love what you have done with it! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like this one. The mix of colours really works. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card ... I'm with you I don't think they look dated. I love old paper and old images. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! These are some of my most favorite colors to work with!! great job on this :)
    Thanks for playing with us this week at AHSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the color combo! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, we hope you will join us again soon!
    Tina - DT member @ 4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a wonderful card...so gorgeous & you have layered & adorned your artwork so well. And the pearls on the flowers are perfect..
    Thanks for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks with us.
    Debi - Guest Designer @ 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful papers - I don't blame you for not wanting to cut into it, don't know that I could have!! Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. Thanks for linking up with us at Color My Heart. I'm glad to know someone else keeps their B&T paper forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and colors Joyce! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card , great image. Thanks for joining us a Creative Fingers with our Valentine challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty!! I know how hard it must have been to cut that paper -- but I'm so glad you did because just look what you made!! Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice detail on your flowers. I miss that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy that you used Unforgettable for the Color Dare! You really made it look great - love the pearls. Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card. Really like the little beads added to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete