Monday, February 10, 2014

time to CELEBRATE

I am sharing a one layer card with bright vibrant colors today.  In preparation to enter the challenge of One-Layer Simplicity #2: "Can you repeat that?" I first wanted to use a big floral stamp and repeat stamping it, but it turned out to be a bit boring so I turned to see what I could do with my background stamps. 

I first made the masculine version but I like this feminine version a lot better:


The masculine version does not make me as happy as the feminine version, probably because of my bad choice of colors:


What's interesting is that I thought it could only become a masculine card (that's why I started with this second one), then because it didn't make my heart sing I changed up the colors and also my mind as to whether it can be a girly birthday card.  I guess I can't really envision the card before making it, thus always creating trash in my craft area. LOL.

The feminine version is linking up to:
One-Layer Simplicity - Can you repeat that?
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the happy wiggly feel of this background stamp - it immediately caught my eye in the gallery! Definitely a different feel between the two colour combinations - I'm glad you kept trying (and also glad I'm not the only one keeping the recycling guys in business!) Thanks for joining us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think they are both great! I actually like the blues better. I do like the pattern you've used. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the masculine version as well. I like the colour of the sentiment in that version. Like how the stamp is all different lengths, thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are both great looking cards! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What clever cards. They remind of embroidery stitches. Both work beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh! I love this--particularly in the pink and orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both awesome, although I do like the feminine one better. It jumped right out at me from the link up, and I had to come by to take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete