Monday, February 3, 2014

Stencils

Hope you had a fun superbowl weekend. 

I have been designing a lot of cards and some of them made use of stencils.  They are really popular now and I couldn't resist trying them out.  Many of them are somehow related to nature.  I noticed it after the fact but am pleased with that.  Who doesn't love our mother nature?


First up is this tree that I used silver embossing paste on a Dreamweaver stencil.  It is my second try but I'm afraid that I have yet mastered the skills of putting an even layer of paste over the stencil.  Nevertheless this simple card will serve a great masculine card.  I guess I'll practice more to make it perfect!


Next up is this birdie card.  I used a Memory Box Garden stencil to emboss a piece of white cardstock, then stuck it on a dark green cardstock at an angle, and finally added my famous Close to My Heart birdie.  I've previously tried embossing with stencil but I guess all stencils are different.  Note to self: need to find out the perfect formula for embossing.


This third card made use of the harlequin stencil by Tim Holtz, along with a stamp image from Stampers Anonymous.  It is a super simple monochromatic card.  Love the shades of blue and the vintage card on it.



Finally this is my favorite - double stenciling, using Heidi Swapp stencil and Memory Box dies.  I used an applicator to put distress on the butterfly.  Just love the ease and the great impact.  Of course, the rainbow colors make me happy too!

I'm digging up my mists and that would be the next thing to do with my stencils!

My butterfly card is linking up to
Less is More - Rainbow
Totally Gorjuss - Sunny colors
Come and get it - Butterflies
Avenue 613 - Anything Goes
Challenges for everybody - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Each and every one a beautiful, well crafted work of art! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! Love the CAS which makes the butterfly pop even more! What an awesome idea and I just LOVE the effect!! I have to try this!! Thanks for the inspiration :) Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete