Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My first attempt

I am sharing a card that shows my first attempt in using white embossing paste.  The white embossing paste comes in the same container as the silver embossing paste but it is a lot lighter as if it is empty. 

It is my first time using embossing paste with plastic stencils.  It turned out pretty well - I didn't have any problem putting an even coat of paste on it, and it was easy to remove the stencil leaving the paste intact.  It was left to dry overnight, as I have no idea how long it would take, even though my coat was thin I didn't want to take any risks.  I was happy to see the beautiful results and couldn't wait to come back to play with it.


I was asked if I could make cards without any sentiment.  I rarely do that but I did give it a try.  Does it really need a sentiment? 

I have not used vellum in ages.  I found a strip of pink vellum in my scrap folder that has been sitting there for ever.   I didn't really think that I would use this strip one day but I did.  This is one of those happy moments!

My card is linking up to:
Creative Finger - Anything Goes
Sister Act Challenge - Anything Goes
Hiding in My Craft Room - Scraps
Dream Valley - Tag
Come and Get it Challenge - Butterfly

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! LOVE the butterflies! I have never heard of embossing paste - but your card turned out fabulous, so for your first time using it, I think you figured it out :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at HIMCR this week!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Just love the butterflies . . . you did an AMAZING job! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR for our Super Scraps Saturday challenge!f

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and elegant Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete